As you know, the Covid-19 situation has evolved in our province and is changing every day.
We acknowledge this is a fluid situation that will require us to be nimble as an organization. Meetings with our clients, stakeholders, project teams, other consultants and contractors are an integral part of our professional lives. The nature of our work as Consultant Engineers brings us together with many individuals through the course of any single day, let alone the course of a week. Mulvey + Banani is adapting the way we will meet in the interest of protecting our employees and clients.
WE REMAIN OPERATIONAL
As a precaution, effective Monday, March 16th and continuing until further notice, we are taking the following steps:
We will no longer attend meetings in person that have more than five (5) participants. We will utilize other means (conference calls, online meetings, video conferencing) to attend these meetings. We will attend face to face meetings of five (5) people or less provided all people have been pre-screened for exposure to the coronavirus, and the recommended social distancing space of 2m can be achieved. The pre-screen questions to be asked are:
- Have you been in contact with anyone travelling from or through any country listed on the Government of Canada Active Travel Health Advisory website?
- Have you been in contact with anyone in the past 5 days who has been diagnosed with influenza, or has influenza-like symptoms? (difficulty breathing, high temperature, a cough and/or sore throat) ?
- Do you have a fever, cough or chills, aches and pains that have come on suddenly?
If any meeting participants answer yes to any of these questions, we will not attend the meeting personally and will join via phone, video or online.
- Mulvey + Banani will continue to participate in reviews, inspections and monitoring general conformance. We will attend group reviews if less than five (5) people, but our preference would be to complete these when no one else is on site.
Fire Alarm Verifications:
- Mulvey + Banani will continue to participate in fire alarm verifications provided the group does not exceed five (5) people, and all participants that we will come in direct contact with have been pre-screened.
Apart from these changes, it is still business as usual for Mulvey + Banani. As the conditions change, we will provide further updates. Should you have any concerns with these new temporary policies, please reach out to any of the Partners at Mulvey + Banani.